Walnut Grove's Annual Boutique
Friday, December 6th from 2:00 to 6:00 in the MPR
Come out and support local vendors at the Grove! Walnut Grove is having its annual Holiday Shopping Event on Friday, December 6th from 2 to 6 in the MPR.
$1 raffle tickets for baskets filled with our vendors' goodies will be on sale at the event.
Remember to bring your shopping list!
We need your help!
This is going to be a great year full of learning and fun! To achieve this, we need your help. We would like to encourage families to make a direct donation to Walnut Grove Elementary through our "Dollar a Day" program. When you contribute to the Dollar a Day program, a 100% of your donation goes to supporting our students here at the Grove.
We request a booster donation of $1 a day for every day of school. That is just $180 per student for the entire year. Your "Dollar a Day" donation will provide funds to continue to support critical programs central to our children's learning. If you haven't yet done so, please donate to our "Dollar a Day" program it makes a BIG difference here at Walnut Grove.
Please take some time to reflect upon the impact a quality education has on our children and our community.
Some of the Programs and Events that WG PTA Funds:
- $40 per child classroom stipend: this goes directly to the classroom teacher for individual classroom needs
- Spelling bee
- Science Fair and Science Night
- Reflections Arts Recognition Program
- Science laboratory materials
- PE equipment
- Playground equipment
- Library books and additional library hours above that provided by the district
- Lunchtime art room and classroom art programs
- JiJi math
- Coffee with the Principal
- Open House Ice Cream Social
- Family Fun Events (Bingo and Movie Nights)
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Health Room Supplies
- Curriculum support to meet Common Core State Standards
- After school Intervention Programs
- Technology- hardware, software, and hours above that provided by the district
Benefit of Tax Deductibility
Walnut Grove PTA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Contributions to Walnut Grove PTA are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by the IRS. Please check with your accountant at tax time. (Tax ID: 02-0547233)
Availability of Matching Funds
Finally, please check with your employers for matching funds! Bring your company forms to registration or drop them in the PTA room in the office and we will do all the processing on your behalf.
We are grateful for all the help and money that Walnut Grove parents give to better our children's education. Together with our teachers and staff we make this one of the top public schools in the state. In these tough economic times, it is up to us as a community to keep Walnut Grove top notch.