The Walnut Grove PTA is a nonprofit, volunteer organization established to benefit students at Walnut Grove Elementary School.
The PTA's goal is to bring the staff and parents together to improve and enhance our children’s school experience. We work to achieve this goal in the following ways:
- Volunteering our time for school events and projects
- Hosting school functions
- Fostering communication between parents, staff, and the district
- Fundraising to help meet unfunded school needs.
|Why join the Walnut Grove PTA?
Your membership and participation in the PTA here at Walnut Grove support the myriad academic programs and terrific activities that make this school community such a special place.
You will also receive access to the school directory and numerous PTA discounts through the Pleasanton PTA Council's PTA Shops P-town program, the California State PTA, and the National PTA,
In addition, you will become part of a larger organization at the state and national level that is the oldest and undeniably the best child advocacy group in the world!
Why wait? Join the Walnut Grove PTA today!
To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
To raise the standard of home life.
To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
It costs over $180,000 per year
for PTA to continue funding these important items:
$35 per child classroom funds that go directly to the classroom teacher for individual classroom needs
Curriculum support to meet Common Core State Standards
Teacher supply cabinet
Technology in the classroom
- Intervention programs
- Hardware, software, and instructional hours beyond those provided by the district
FUNDS FOR SPECIALISTS
- Counselors, PE, Speech, Special Ed and Resource, Science Lab
- Library books and additional library hours beyond those provided by the district
- Instruction and supplies
- Fall and spring student musicals
STUDENT AND SCHOOL COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Spelling bee
- JiJi math program
- Science fair and Family Science Night
- Reflections Arts Recognition Program
- Science laboratory materials
- PE equipment
- Playground equipment
- Health room supplies
- Lunchtime art room supervisor and supplies
- Classroom art programs and supplies
- Coffee with the Principal
- Welcome Back Coffee
- Back-to-School Family Social
- Lunchtime student birthday table
- Mornings with Mom and Dad events
- Family fun events (bingo and movie nights)
- Red Ribbon week activities
- Open House ice cream social
- Staff appreciation luncheon