Registration Walk-Through RegistrationRegistration Make-up day. 10AM-2PM in the school office.
The Pleasanton Unified School District requires TWO(2) different valid forms of Proof of Residency at the time of registration.
Valid forms include:
- Current Utility Bill (complete bill) with parent's or legal guardians printed name and service address (PG&E, water, garbage or cable)
- Landline or telephone bill (no cell phone bills)
- Settlement statement or rental/lease agreement (dated within the last 2 months)
You must have these valid forms of proof of residency with you on Tuesday, or you will not be able to complete the registration process.
Please note: Originals only, no copies, please. The district does not retain these documents and once verification has been made, you will take them with you.
During Walk-Thru Registration you can take advantage of the following:
- Find out class assignments for your children.
- Join PTA and receive many discounts from Ptown Shops Pleasanton and SchoolDirectory!
- Spirit Wear includes: child and adult t-shirts and sweat jackets!
- Pick up School Supply Kits(SSK) for grades 3-5 and Discovery 2/3. Please note: All pre-purchased SSKs for grades K-2 are delivered directly to the classrooms.
- NEW STUDENTS can purchase Student Supply Kits
- Yearbook purchase for $20
- Check out the Eco-Chic bags by Mixed Bags Designs (you won't want to miss these)
- Purchase Student Organizers for $8
- Make a Dollar-A-Day, one time annual donation ($180 suggested, and COMPLETELY tax deductible. Any amount is appreciated)
- Purchase Back to School Dinner tickets.
- Renew your Safeway cards for Scrip
- Sign up for the Breakfast Book Club!
- Add to your student's lunch account
- Catch up with friends!
We Need Your Help!
This is going to be a great year full of learning and fun! To achieve this, we need your help. We would like to encourage families to make a direct donation to Walnut Grove Elementary through our "Dollar a Day" program. When you contribute to the Dollar a Day program, a 100% of your donation goes to supporting our students here at the Grove.
We request a booster donation of $1 a day for every day of school. That is just $180 per student for the entire year. Your "Dollar a Day" donation will provide funds to continue to support critical personnel and programs central to our children's learning.
Please take some time to reflect upon the impact a quality education has on our children and our community.
Some of the Programs that PTA Fund
- $30 per child classroom stipend: this goes directly to the classroom teacher for individual classroom needs
- Spelling bee
- Science Fair
- Science lab
- Library books
- Lunchtime art room
- JiJi math
- Coffee with the principal
- Open House Ice Cream Social
- Staff Appreciation Luncheon
- Health Room Supplies
- Curriculum support
- New Netbooks
- Smart classrooms
Benefit of Tax Deductibility
When considering how much to donate, please consider the following:
Most tax payers qualify for a 30%-50% tax deduction on donations to non-profits.
Walnut Grove PTA is a non-profit organization.
Therefore, if you gave $100, you'd be receiving a minimum of 30% back in taxes on that donation, resulting in your actual out-of-pocket donation ranging between $50-$70. And, Walnut Grove PTA would still receive $100.
Availability of Matching Funds
Finally, please check with your employers for matching funds! Bring your company forms to registration or drop them in the PTA room in the office and we will do all the processing on your behalf.
We are grateful for all the help and money that Walnut Grove parents give to better our children's education. Together with our teachers and staff we make this one of the top public schools in the state. In these tough economic times, it is up to us as a community to keep Walnut Grove top notch.
Contributions to Walnut Grove PTA are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law. (Tax ID: 02-0547233)
You will spend about 15 minutes in the MP Room with Mr. Vranesh, and about 45 minutes in your child's classrom
hearing about plans and expectations for the upcoming year.
The schedule is as follows:
- 6:30- 3rd-5th grades, including Discovery 2/3 - MP Session *
- 6:45- 3rd-5th grades, including Discovery 2/3 - Classroom time
- 7:30- K-2nd grade - MP Session *
- 7:45- K--2nd grade - Classroom time
We want to welcome four local merchants to the program:Do you know that by joining WG PTA you get discounts from local merchants through the PTA Shops Ptown Program?There are over 22 local business that offer discounts when you show your PTA membership card and they are working on adding more.
6003 West Las Positas Boulevard (near Lucky's)
Next time you have a game at the Sports Park, try Chicago Deli.
10% off food order
Me & My Friends Catering Deli Cafe
4713 1st St # 150 (across from PUSD offices)
Delicious lunches and catering. Now serving dinner Thurs and Friday nights.
10% off entire check
3170 Santa Rita Road, Ste A4 (Near Boswell's)
Full service dry cleaners, including laundry, leather cleaning, and alterations.
10% off dry cleaning (excludes laundry,
alterations, and comforters)
A+ Spanish Academy
4713 First Street, Suite 105
From Pre-School to Adults. Private Tutoring, homework clubs, and Spanish Camps!
Spanish Homework Club; free 2 hour session with 1 month sign-up
For more local merchants enrolled on the program, please click here.
Children in grades 1-5 will take part in fun discussions in small groups led by trained, volunteer parent leaders.
Catch up with friends, make some new ones and hear what our Principal, Mr Vranesh, has to say about the new school year!
Mark your calendars and Save‐The‐Date! It’s time for Walnut Grove’s Back to School BBQ on Friday, September 9th!
We’ll have a DJ providing dance music and BBQ catered by Cabana Dave's! Tickets will be on sale at Registration Day.
Get Your Roadrunner Spiritwear
A brand new design will be available this fall.
- Hot pink T-shirt with green/white logo - $7.95
- Kelly green T-shirt with yellow/white logo- $7.95
- Green Tie Dye with black/white logo - $16.95
- Long sleeve gray t-shirt with green/white logo - $15.95
- Gray zip hoodie with green/white logo - $27.95
Stop by our table at registration for your eco-chic reusable bags.
Fabulous designs with wide variety of uses at great prices!Reduce your carbon footprint, look fabulous AND support Walnut Grove!
Check your registration packetfor our catalog!
Questions? Please contact
Stay up to date!
All communication from the school is done electronically.
To sign up for PTA Roadrunner and Mr. Vranesh's Newsletter click here.
Please note that Traditional and Discovery supply lists are different for each grade.
PPIE Education Foundation
Bridging critical gaps between Sacramento and Pleasanton Schools by providing financial support for essential programs and services that are at risk of elimination, such as:
- Class size reduction
- Reading Intervention
- Library Aides
- Science Specialist
- Technology Aides
Quality education is invaluable....be a part of the solution!
If you didn't get a chance to stop by the PPIE table at Walk Thru Registration, you can still help support these district wide programs and services at risk for the 2012-2013 school year.
A suggested donation of $150 per student will assist in maintaining some of the critical programs and services listed above. All contributions are 100% tax deductible (Fed Tax ID #94-3046738).
You may pay by credit card or select monthly installments at http://www.ppie.org/donatecore.html, or mail your check to:
Pleasanton Partnerships in Education
Attention: Debi Covello
333 Division Street Pleasanton, CA 94566