Room Parent Information
Hello Walnut Grove Room Parents,
Thank you for volunteering to be room parent for your child’s class for the 2022-2023 school year. Room parents play an integral part in the communication between teachers and parents throughout the school year. Below you will find information that will help you fulfill the room parent duties.
Room Parent Responsibilities:
May include but not limited to:
1. Act as a liaison between the classroom parents and the PTA. It is helpful to attend PTA general meetings when possible.
2. Act as an activities coordinator for all celebrations in the classroom and provide information between the teacher and classroom parents.
3. Maintain a positive working relationship with the teacher.
4. Assist the teacher in the classroom and with material preparation as deemed necessary by the teacher.
5. Assist the teacher with planning and implementing special events and projects.
6. Coordinate volunteers as requested for classroom activities and instruction.
7. Coordinate volunteers for PTA events if needed/asked by the PTA.
8. The PTA will not cover the cost of food or supplies used for classroom activities.
9. Gather & submit photos for your class of various events throughout the year to the school yearbook committee. You may delegate this job to someone else, but it is the responsibility of the room parent to ensure photos are being submitted.
*Each classroom may have more than one room parent. Parents can act as co-room parents, with all room parents taking on the responsibility of representing the PTA.